South of France Holidays 2022/23
Looking for South of France holidays in 2022? Look no further! We’ll help you discover some great holiday deals, with savings of up to 70%.
Compare 40+ trusted brands
Find your perfect holiday or insurance
Book your holiday with confidence
Powered by MoneySupermarket
Saving you money for more than 15 years
Find flexible bookings with our partners
Compare cheap holidays from the UK's best travel companies
About South of France Holidays
If you’re looking for a sunny and picturesque escape, look no further than South of France holidays!
Situated on the Mediterranean Sea, South of France is known for its stunningly beautiful beaches, stunning coastal towns, gorgeous mountain ranges, charming villages, and delicious food.
Compare deals for South of France holidays today and discover one of Europe’s most beautiful regions. And thanks to our exclusive deals, you can save up to 70% on your holiday!
- Suitable for Families 85% 85%
- Suitable for Couples 92% 92%
- Suitable for Groups 80% 80%
French is the official language in South of France.
The official currency in France is the Euro (€).
Average Flight Time
The average flight time to France from the UK is 1.5 hrs.
France is 1-hour ahead of the UK (CET).
Why is the South of France so popular?
The South of France is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe, and it’s easy to see why. With its beautiful weather, stunning scenery, delicious food and wine, and friendly people, South of France has something for everyone.
Located on the Mediterranean coast, South of France enjoys long, hot summers and mild winters. This makes it the perfect destination for a summer holiday, as well as a winter getaway.
You’ll also find many of the most luxurious and exclusive resorts in South of France, as well as charming and quaint villages. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, or a group trip with friends, South of France is a great destination for a holiday.
What is South of France known for?
South of France is most famous for its stunning beaches, gorgeous coastal towns, and delicious food.
- Beaches: South of France has some of the best beaches in Europe. With over 800 miles of coastline, there’s a beach to suit everyone’s taste. From the bustling resort town of Nice to the secluded coves of Saint-Tropez, you’ll find a beach to relax on.
- Coastal Towns: South of France is home to some of the most beautiful coastal towns in Europe. From the chic resort town of Saint-Tropez to the historic city of Nice, there’s a lot to explore.
- Food: South of France is known for its delicious food. From fresh seafood to mouth-watering pastries, you’ll find plenty to eat on your holiday.
- History: South of France is also home to many historic sites. From the Roman ruins of Nimes to the medieval city of Carcassonne, there’s a lot to see and do.
- Luxury: South of France is home to many luxury resorts. From the exclusive beaches of Saint-Tropez to the five-star hotels of Nice, you’ll find plenty of places to relax and enjoy your holiday. Many celebrities and wealthy people have homes in South of France, so you may even spot a famous face!
Where should I holiday in South of France?
There are many beautiful places to holiday in South of France. Some of the most popular destinations include:
- Nice: Nice is the capital of South of France and is one of the most popular tourist destinations. With its beautiful beaches, chic boutiques, and delicious food, it’s easy to see why.
- Saint-Tropez: Saint-Tropez is a chic resort town located on the French Riviera. With its beautiful beaches and luxury hotels, it’s a popular destination for celebrities and the wealthy.
- Cannes: Cannes is a glamorous city located on the French Riviera. It’s most famous for its annual film festival, but it’s also a great place to relax on the beach or explore the many shops and restaurants.
- Monaco: Monaco is a small, independent city-state located on the French Riviera. It’s known for its luxury hotels, casinos, and yachts.
- Antibes: Antibes is a charming town located between Nice and Cannes. With its beautiful beaches and quaint streets, it’s a popular destination for families and couples.
- Montpellier: Montpellier is a historic city located in the South of France. With its Roman ruins, medieval buildings, and lively university scene, it’s a popular destination for history lovers and students.
- Bordeaux: Bordeaux is a historic city located in the South of France. It’s known for its world-famous wine region and stunning architecture. You’ll find many beautiful buildings, churches, and bridges to explore.
- Marseille: Marseille is the largest city in South of France and is known for its vibrant port city. With its lively markets, delicious seafood, and Mediterranean atmosphere, it’s a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
- Toulouse: Toulouse is a lively city located in the South of France. It’s known for its vibrant nightlife, delicious food, and beautiful architecture. You’ll find many beautiful buildings, churches, and bridges to explore.
What activities can you do in South of France?
There are many activities to do in South of France. What you depends on what you’re interested in and where you’re staying. Some of the most popular activities you can do in South of France include:
- Swimming: South of France has some of the best beaches in Europe, so it’s a great place to go swimming.
- Sunbathing: South of France is a great place to relax on the beach and enjoy the sun.
- Shopping: South of France is home to many chic boutiques and designer stores.
- Sightseeing: South of France is home to many historic sights and landmarks.
- Eating: South of France is known for its delicious food. From fresh seafood to mouth-watering pastries, you’ll find plenty to eat on your holiday.
- Drinking: South of France is home to many world-famous wine regions. You’ll find plenty of places to enjoy a glass of wine or two.
- Dining: South of France is home to many Michelin-starred restaurants. If you’re looking for a luxurious dining experience, South of France is the place for you.
- Dancing: South of France is known for its vibrant nightlife. You’ll find many clubs and bars to enjoy a night out on the town.
- Gambling: South of France is home to many casinos, so it’s a great place to try your luck at gambling.
How much does it cost to go to South of France?
The cost of a South of France holiday depends on many factors, such as where you’re staying, what you’re doing, and how long you’re staying for. However, you can expect to spend around £1500-2500 per person for a week-long holiday. This includes flights, accommodation, food, and activities.
If you’re looking for a cheaper holiday, consider looking for deals for more budget-friendly hotels and resorts. There’s plenty to do in South of France on a budget, so you don’t have to spend a lot of money to have a great time. You will be able to find many affordable restaurants and activities.
The cheapest month to visit South of France is January, when flight prices are at their lowest. However, the weather is also cooler during this time, so it’s important to factor that into your decision. If you’re looking for a cheaper holiday but don’t mind the cooler weather, January is a great time to visit South of France.
You can also go towards the end of summer, in September, when flights and accommodation prices start to drop. The weather is still pleasant at this time, so it’s a great time to visit South of France if you’re looking for a bargain.
What is the cheapest way to travel to the South of France?
The cheapest way to travel to South of France is by plane. You can find many cheap flights to South of France if you book in advance. However, if you’re flexible with your travel dates, you may be able to find even cheaper flights.
You’ll be able to save up to 70% on South of France holidays if you compare package deals with us. So, if you’re looking for a bargain, it’s worth comparing your holiday as soon as possible.
How do you get to South of France from UK?
The easiest way to get to South of France from the UK is by flying. There are many direct flights from most airports from the UK to South of France, so you should be able to find a flight that suits your travel dates and budget.
If you’re looking for a cheaper option, you can take a train, bus or drive from London to South of France. However, this journey can take up to 24 hours, so it’s important to factor that into your decision.
Are there beaches in the South of France?
Yes, there are plenty of beaches in South of France. Located on the Mediterranean coastline, you’ll find many beautiful beaches to relax on and enjoy the sun. Some of the most popular beaches in South of France include Saint-Tropez, Cannes, and Nice.
If you’re looking for a more private and quiet beach experience, there are also many smaller beaches that are less crowded. There’s also plenty of restaurants, bars, and cafes located near the beaches, so you’ll be able to find everything you need for a perfect day by the sea.
You will also be able to find resorts and 5-star hotels located near the beaches, so you can enjoy a more luxurious experience.
When should I go to the South of France?
The best time to visit South of France is during the summer months, from June to August. This is when the weather is at its warmest and there’s plenty of things to do. However, it’s also the busiest time of year, so you may find it difficult to book accommodation and flights if you don’t plan in advance.
You’ll find the cheapest South of France holidays if you travel during the shoulder season, from April to May or September to October. The weather is still pleasant at this time, but it’s not as busy as the summer months. This is a great time to visit South of France if you’re looking for a bargain.
January is the coldest month to visit South of France, but you’ll be able to find cheap flights and accommodation. However, the weather is cooler during this time, so it’s important to factor that into your decision.
Cover from as little as £6.29*
Compare and save on annual, single, family and multitrip
*Based on an individual aged 30 with no pre-existing medical conditions taking single trip cover for 8 days to Spain. Cover starts on December 11, 2021 and ends on December 18, 2021. Price correct as of December 10, 2021.
Looking for Travel Inspiration?
Take a look at some of our featured destinations and compare cheap holiday deals for 2022/23.